Coming soon…

holiday farm house tour

I love the holidays, and the most favorite part of it all (aside from the blatantly obvious family and eating part) is decorating.   In the spirit of the Season, I wanted to preset the Farmhouse Holiday House Tour at least, what’s been completed thus far.

These last few months have been crazy, the holiday rush is super crazy, and I really, really needed to get a house post up as it’s something that’s fun for family to see, especially those that have been able to visit during the 3 years we’ve lived here.  It’s great to show our progression. Since Jimmy and I do the work ourselves, it is especially rewarding to be able to blog about, and see, our handiwork.

I took this weekend “off” by shooting around the house, pushing myself to be able to enter Brooklyn Limestone’s Giveaway!  I’m just barely making it by posting this 1 hour before the deadline.  Monday,  BooMama’s,
Hooked on Houses, Southern Hospitality and Tip Junkie, Muse Swings’ “Christmas In Bloggyland Tour“- all having amazing Open House tours and Kimba’s “A Soft Place to Land” blog is starting on Tuesday – and some others as well, and finally check out Pretty Petals too!  Hope on over to the Inspired Room for some design inspiration, and for the Holiday Link Exchange.  Be sure to check them all out if you’re into interior design and holiday decorating.  The blogs are pure creative eye candy.

I’ll start off with the daytime shots.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

Quite a few things I want to change next year, but this is how it looks presently.

Sup internet.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

Admittedly, I didn’t spend ample time on this tree, but it looks great at night.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

The Foyer has not changed much since last Christmas but I’ll post a few details.

The Foyer, Entry View

From the living room

From the opposite side.

A Vignette in the Foyer

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

Fantabo Idea – Eco Chic wrap!

I wish I could take credit for this great idea, but it actually came from my friend Hope (who has no vehicle as of yet to translate her great ideas to the web), who suggested to me that everyone should use their magazines for wrapping paper in an effort to recycle. Considering this house is completely “plugged in” over the holiday season I try to do whatever I can to help out the environment in other ways.

So, I did it this year and think my presents came out great!  I have so much more to wrap this week and will certainly post them all when completed.  I love the way it looks!!  As I confessed, I’m such a magazine junkie, (I have a home and garden from 1995 or so, I love the cover and simply could not part with it), it makes me feel much better putting them to good use somehow, and I get to pay tribute to great editorial photography in doing so.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

Heaven!  Well, maybe not “heaven” but it certainly beats keeping them under my bed forever.

{Finally…the Tree}

Truth be told, my husband and I didn’t decorate this fabulous tree.  {AND, the lights just went out on top today}.  This beautiful tree is my mother-in-law’s tree, which she decorated for my foyer this year with her beautiful vintage ornaments.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

This one was a gift from a client.  Resembles her daughter (future post for that).

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

My uncle makes these.  He’s a carpenter.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

I’m a real-tree person, I love the tradition and pretty much everything about having a real tree,  so we will be going to get a real tree for our living room, it will not be until next Saturday morning before I go shoot Nicole & Robert’s Wedding in the evening.

——————-

From here we move on to the (drumroll please…) The New Dining Room.  This room has been three years in the making.  I will save the remodeling details for another post at another time, but for now, here it is, in all it’s glory minus new furniture, which we need.  This set we bought with the house since we didn’t have a dining room set, it is solid wood and really great furniture but not “us”, especially since we took this room from a country feel to a more glamorous feel, at least for me.

100% ambient light.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

Ralph Lauren Metallic Paint.

Jimmy and I designed the wainscotting from scratch, using several pieces, and then Jimmy did the wainscoting entirely by himself (I am so proud).   Quite the feat…here’s from the opposite angle.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

OK, so let’s all take a look at my absolute favorite thing in this room.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

This would be my new Schonbek!   Does anyone hear angels singing or is it just me?  I cannot tell you how much I love my light fixture.  We did so much manual labor on this room, 3 years worth of wallpaper removal, painting, repainting, repainting again,  custom mill work, caulking,  priming, painting the beams (8 coats to get them white, mind you).  After all of this labor we deserved the chandelier that we wanted, and I couldn’t be more thrilled.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

Love the light that is cast on the ceiling in a brilliant pattern.  I need to paint the medallion, haven’t decided on a finish.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

And a light dusting of Benjamin Moore’s glitter glaze makes the light in the room dance at night – see ceiling detail below.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

Candles do amazing thing to this paint.  Lights off…

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

A beautiful gift from my friend, Chris, who’s late father used to weld iron sculptures.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

I need to find some different fabric for this chair.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

You’ll notice I have prints and enlargements of my work everywhere.  This is only because I have no idea what I’m going to put on the walls in here, and I had these prints done for my office (I rotate my session displays) so I filled them. Although in posting this I am realizing the way these are displayed eerily it looks like a shrine, but it’s not meant to show that way.  Yikes, must change that or figure something out for this table immediately!

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

Moving on to the Living Room, we received our new slip covered sofa that we ordered like 6 months ago. Finally.  But two days ago and I was completely unprepared with what we’re doing in this room.  The color right now is just NOT right.   The three colors on primer you’ll notice in the very back corner have been there for a lonnnng time.  None of the colors are the right choice, I am sure of that now.  A friend of mine recently said “you should slap a frame around it at this point – a Laura Bruen Original”.  Hilarious Jeanne, thanks :=)

The magazine article on the far wall with the yellow lamp – the color of the fabric in that that ad is the one I think I’m going with.  Steel gray blue…I think it will pick up some of the blue from the rug?  Thoughts?

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

Of course I was expecting guests the day after I got the couch and needed to get some throw pillows.

Like a wild animal I am running through Pier One to find throw pillows and found these:

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

I suppose with these pillows, what happens after the holidays remains to be seen.  Think I can keep the snowflakes around a bit?  Also, I’m not sure my current tables match my new look…

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

My attempt to pull some blue into the room, and I love it!

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

Thoughts on this new color?

Sigh.  Decisions decisions.

And, finally, I’ll backtrack out of the door for the night shots.  Next year, we’ll have to add to this garland.  They only had this one left.  Stores are all cleared out already.

The porch at night.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

On the bistro tables.  The ambient lighting casts a warm glow everywhere, but these place mats are actually silver.

Thanks for visiting.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

With the fence in focus, from last year.

Laura Bruen, NYC Photographer, NJ Photographer

Wishing you Happy Holidays from our house to yours!

78 comments
Add a comment...

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

• laura s.December 14, 2008 - 10:46 pm

OMG!!! This is incredible. Can you please come over and decorate my house, too? 🙂

I think a steel grey/blue would work really well in the living room. Something with a little bit of a cool tone. It will work so well with that fab rug.

p.s. I did hear the angels when I saw that light fixture. Stunning!

— Laura S.

• mrslimestoneDecember 15, 2008 - 5:51 am

You’ve done such a great job decorating. Want to come over to do my house? I have a mental block when it comes to Christmas decorating. I never get it to look “full” if you know what I mean.

• Uncle TobyDecember 15, 2008 - 6:41 am

You suck !! Are there three of you? When the hell do you have time to do all this . Does someone needs to call the authorities! Are those kids tied up in the barn ? Awesome job Jimmy !!! Oh yeah you too Laura !! xoxo

• MichelleDecember 15, 2008 - 6:45 am

Check into Sparrow (it’s a shade of taupe/gray). It’s regular Benjamin Moore but we had it made into Aura paint and it’s on our kitchen cabinets. I LOVE it, goes well with every color and silver accents. I’ll send you a cell phone shot!
    House – Beautiful!

• Michele GenoveseDecember 15, 2008 - 7:45 am

Everything looks amazing- it really does!
    Love the dining room and the wainscoting…can not wait to see it in person.

• Julia @ Hooked on HousesDecember 15, 2008 - 8:06 am

I want to spend Christmas at YOUR house. Wow. It’s all so beautiful, and so beautifully photographed.

What a clever idea to wrap gifts with old magazines. Love the results!

I’m so glad you joined my blog party. Thanks for inviting us into your home! -Julia 🙂

P.S. I added your post for you. Just so you know, in the future, you can put your address into that box on my blog that says, “This site is using auto linkies” toward the bottom of my page.

• linda carsonDecember 15, 2008 - 8:12 am

Oh my word. The amount of work that these photos portray absolutely boggles my mind – not just the decorating, but the remodel and the photography itself. And the magazine wrapped gifts…and that chandelier…I’m speechless. Take a break! You and your husband deserve it.

• Josh LynnDecember 15, 2008 - 8:17 am

Ok, this is just amazing! Why are you not an interior decorator?

• JanetteDecember 15, 2008 - 8:21 am

Totally impressed.
    Nice & cozy….
    Where is the Mistle Toe, so Mommy can kiss Santa Clause?? LOL

• Pauline StephensDecember 15, 2008 - 8:34 am

Dang Laura, you out did yourself on this one. Everything looks so beautiful! The magazine wrapped gifts blew me away. And your house puts the White House to shame. Thanks for sharing this as I am now in the Christmas spirit.

• laura bruenDecember 15, 2008 - 8:37 am

Thank you! Josh, because I can’t decorate for anyone else!! Most people wouldn’t appreciate going through 4 different paint colors to get the “right” one.

• ChristineDecember 15, 2008 - 8:38 am

Laura,
    I am speechless…you my friend ARE AN ARTIST!
    I am truely amazed at how well you can bring the beauty of everyday life into the eyes of others. Art beautifull art. Job well done GF you rock!!!!!

• RosalieDecember 15, 2008 - 8:49 am

Laura: the house looks amazing and beautiful. I lvoe the chandeleir. I love all the details. Please come to my house and help me!!! that’s a great idea for wrapping presents. This year- I am recycling paper fromlast year.

• Debbie PhillipsDecember 15, 2008 - 9:10 am

Laura! I would PAY to spend Christmas at your house. 🙂
    You are Martha Stewart, Nate Berkus, Ina Garten and Annie Leibowitz all in one!!!!
    Great job … I’d also buy holiday cards of nearly any one of your images!! You are a cottage industry all in one:-) Congratulations and thank you for sharing the warmth and beauty of your creation. Very cool.

• aunt poppyDecember 15, 2008 - 9:37 am

hello sweetie…what a wonderland you two have created! wow Emma and Gwen must feel totally enchanted with all the magic around them! Beautiful job…lots of love! enjoy the holiday (relax! already!!) xoxo poppy

• Fifi FlowersDecember 15, 2008 - 10:53 am

GREAT TOUR! I think I would like to book a room… looks like a perfect Inn! ADORE the fashion wrapping! ENJOY the season! Fifi

• MomDecember 15, 2008 - 12:19 pm

This looks so beautiful and festive!

• Kim-HomeIsWhereTheHeartIsDecember 15, 2008 - 12:57 pm

You have a beautiful home…so glad I found your blog through another one I was checking out!

• wanderlusterDecember 15, 2008 - 1:19 pm

Wowee, your house is beautiful!! I love the photos of it all lit up. Its definitely my favourite on the Holiday House Tour so far. Thanks for the tour!! And thanks for dropping by my blog.

• Mrs. Simms ;o)December 15, 2008 - 2:09 pm

Your house is absolutely GORGEOUS! Can Mike and I move in??? ;o)

Seriously though, I love everything!!

• MayaDecember 15, 2008 - 2:18 pm

Wow, your home is stunning, and the work you did exquisite. My husband and I have been remodeling our old Dutch Colonial built in 1930, so I know what it takes to redo, restore, repair….The porch is just awesome and you made it all so festive. Great photographs too. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the great work you’ve done.

• dolce chicDecember 15, 2008 - 2:49 pm

Your home is absolutely gorgeous!!!

• Liz@VioletPosyDecember 15, 2008 - 2:57 pm

::SPEECHLESS::

You have the most beautiful home, you should be so proud of what you have achieved. I love everything about your Christmas decorations!.

Happy Christmas!
    Liz

• JanMary, N IrelandDecember 15, 2008 - 2:58 pm

I think I have got lost, and wandered into the set of a Homes and Gardens photo shoot.

Wonderful house, decor, decorations, light fittings and last but by no means least wonderful photography.

A real feast for the eyes.

Thanks for visiting my Northern Ireland blog.

• RhodaDecember 15, 2008 - 4:05 pm

Wow, what a gorgeous place you have and beautiful holiday decorating. Love, love all the pics. Thank you SO much for stopping by my home tour too! Glad I found your blog, I’ll have to come back & read more when I have some time. I’m just blown away by your photos & i’m not always easily impressed. Great job!! Hope you’ll drop by to see me again.

• StephanieDecember 15, 2008 - 4:41 pm

Oh MY Heavens…. I’m in love – with your photography, with your home, with your decor…. Love, I tell you. This is my first visit, but not my last. Oh my ~ WOW!

• JanetDecember 15, 2008 - 4:48 pm

Beautiful! Perfection!

• Melinda GarmanDecember 15, 2008 - 4:57 pm

Good Lord in Heaven! Your home is spectacular! I would trade my double doors for your home in a minute! Interested? :o)

Your photography is fabulous, too – so glad to know about you! Thanks for opening your home and for visiting mine!

Merry Christmas,
    Melinda

• MindyDecember 15, 2008 - 5:11 pm

wow! wow!! wow!!! You have a magnificent house! (and photo skills)

• Jen@OurDailyBigTopDecember 15, 2008 - 5:26 pm

WOW! What a gorgeous house you have. Can I come celebrate the holidays with you? I love your style and your photographs. Thanks for the tour.

• Iris BDecember 15, 2008 - 6:01 pm

just like a story book … awesome job … now come do my house 😉 … is that a Schonbek chandelier?

• CareyDecember 15, 2008 - 6:17 pm

Wow! Your house is beautiful…so warm and inviting and full of light. It’s apparent that you took great care in decorating your house inside and out.
    Happy holidays!
    And thanks for stopping by my blog…

• laura bruenDecember 15, 2008 - 6:18 pm

Wow, thanks everyone, what lovely comments. Yay! I love comments.

Iris, thanks, yes it is. It’s a Schonbek, a Christmas Miracle!

• Leslie RuthDecember 15, 2008 - 6:32 pm

Oh…my…word. Your home is Truly Stunning! My favorite? The dining room. Just knowing how much effort and creativity went into it only adds to its beauty. And my vote is definitely for the color from the magazine article, I think it will look gorgeous. Oh, to have such a home of our own to decorate one day….I’ll keep hoping 🙂 Thanks for the kind remarks on my blog!

• sandra/txDecember 15, 2008 - 7:28 pm

Wow! Your house is absolutely stunning — for Christmas and beyond. I love everything. Thanks for the tour.

• nancyDecember 15, 2008 - 7:50 pm

I am in love with your home! I love love the porch! Have an extra room for a woman that loves to clean and cook? 😉 Thank you for the tour!

• Jackie S.December 15, 2008 - 7:53 pm

Absolutely Stunning!!!! You have done a wonderful job!!!

• kimDecember 15, 2008 - 9:20 pm

Beautiful home, decorations, and also photography. Thank you so much for sharing. I loved the tour!

• LisaDecember 15, 2008 - 9:49 pm

So many amazing details! This is just beautiful, and you should be proud. Thank you for sharing. (And thanks for stopping by my place today too)

• Amy from TexasDecember 15, 2008 - 11:25 pm

Beautiful home! Your porch is wonderful, especially at night! Great idea your friend had with the magazines. How fun is that?

• desiree@lookiloos.comDecember 16, 2008 - 12:18 am

Gorgeous home and photos. Thanks so much for letting us get a peek inside.

• LiannaDecember 16, 2008 - 4:55 am

What a festive home!!! I was going to try and choose one thing that I liked…but I like EVERYTHING!! Just beautiful 🙂

• Pam/FripperyDecember 16, 2008 - 6:57 am

Girl, you are living in my dream house. You must go now so I can move in. Really, your home is amazing. I love that you have taken a farm house look and made it so elegant and sophisticated. I always struggle with this. We built a little white farm house and I always feel I have to keep it casual but I really love the gold leaf aged finish type of opulence. You have mixed both perfectly. Being a photographer shows in your eye for detail. Mind if I link to your post? Everyone deserves a peak at this eye candy! Pam

• RobinDecember 16, 2008 - 7:32 am

I enjoyed the tour of your beautiful home, and your photography is amazing! I would be honored if you would visit my nest sometime soon at robinsblessednest.blogspot.com! Blessings!

• SheilaDecember 16, 2008 - 7:39 am

I love your home, and these pictures are fabulous! Warm and inviting. I like the color you picked, too!

• SatsukiDecember 16, 2008 - 11:13 am

I don’t even know where to begin. Your home is amazingly beautiful. You’ve done a lovely job!

(And the magazine wrapping tip is really going to come in handy when I run out of gift wrap in the next day or two.)

• HollyDecember 16, 2008 - 12:23 pm

Oh. My. Word. I love your house!! I love your porch, I love the foyer, i love the fireplace. The Christmas decor is fabulous! Lucky, lucky, you!

• KathleenDecember 16, 2008 - 12:52 pm

You’re house is stunningly gorgeous. And please share where you got the light fixture in your dining room, I’m in love! :o)

Happy partying!

• laura bruenDecember 16, 2008 - 1:24 pm

Thanks everyone. I love reading all of these!

Kathleen, the chandelier is made by Schonbek. (Check that website for a retailer near you!)

• JenniferDecember 16, 2008 - 2:48 pm

Wow your house is AMAZING! How long does it take you to decorate each year for Christmas? I hope you have an army of people to help!
    Your chandelier is GORGEOUS!!!! I am saving your blog to show my husband the chandelier.

• MaridithDecember 16, 2008 - 6:41 pm

Stunning! This is how I envision my home to look like one day just need time and money. Your home is so welcoming and comfortable. Thanks for sharing.

• Laura Ingalls GunnDecember 16, 2008 - 6:45 pm

Your decorations are so pretty.
    I hope you’ll visit my blog soon. I’ve had giveaway’s every Friday in December.

• Ashley BowenDecember 16, 2008 - 8:45 pm

OMG!!! You truly have my dream home! I could only dream of having that house…and decorating it that way for Christmas! You did such an amazing job!!! :o) BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Ashley
    Owner of Treehouse Stamps

• Shannon@Silver TrappingsDecember 17, 2008 - 12:10 am

Your house is absolutely amazing. Gorgeous Christmas decorations everywhere! And your photos are wonderful. Well, duh, you are a photographer. But why in the world can I not get a good photo of lights on a tree. With the flash you can’t tell there are any lights on. Without the flash you can tell there are lights, but it is just all too dark. Every one of your photos is perfect! Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas

• SharonDecember 17, 2008 - 9:10 am

Hi Laura. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and for your kind comment. You have an absolutely gorgeous home. I’ve bookmarked you for future visits! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

• JudyBugDecember 17, 2008 - 9:31 am

Stunningly gorgeous! Your pictures are wonderful and love the ideas of wrapping the presents with magazine paper. Also, love the stockings which are my latest project.

• ErikaDecember 17, 2008 - 11:47 am

WOW! I’m at a loss for words! Just breathtaking! S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!!!!!!!! Your photography is perfection! Okay, I’m going to have to go sleep this off for two hours before I can even begin to look at my house again…

• NikiDecember 17, 2008 - 1:29 pm

Thanks for your kind comment on my home! I am really flattered now that I’ve seen yours!!!! You have amazing taste! The metallic paint is like magic in your dining room! And just my two cents…I LUVVVV the blue color on the magazine ad. It would be stunning in there! And I love (among other things) your stockings! You have talent running out your ears girlfriend!

• Pretty OrganizerDecember 17, 2008 - 1:38 pm

Oh. My. Word! You are the queen of pictures! I LOVE them. I want your game/piano room. I’m gonna swipe that gorgeous chair when your not looking if it’s not nailed down… Your lights are amazing and yes, the chandelier did evoke angelic voices from above when I saw it. A perfect choice. Now, I’m trying hard not to covet your amazing abode! Fabulous job girl. You must have been decorating for Christmas starting in July! Beautiful!

Good to meet you!
    Pretty Organizer

• MegCherryDecember 17, 2008 - 5:45 pm

I want a farm house! I love your front proch! Bravo is you TOO!
    Merry Christmas!

• brandarooo@aol.comDecember 17, 2008 - 5:46 pm

so very cozy and amazingly beautiful… thank you for the wonderful tour!

• ~KimDecember 17, 2008 - 9:07 pm

Your house is exquisite! Wow. It is just absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

• KarenDecember 17, 2008 - 9:38 pm

There’s no way to say what everybody else has said, any differently. Your home is absolutely beautiful. I’m curious as to what part of the country you live in? I’m guessing in the East somewhere. I’m getting ready to add beams to my new house and I love yours. Also, thanks for the sparkly paint tip, I may use that too. I also have stacks of magazines under the bed. Great ideas for recycling! Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for inviting us into your beautiful home.

• edeenutDecember 18, 2008 - 12:35 pm

amazing!! I love it. It’s a house right out of a magazine!

• JamieDecember 18, 2008 - 1:20 pm

Wow! Such eye candy on your site! Seriously beautiful photography. That is such a talent that I wish I had.

• casacaudillDecember 18, 2008 - 3:12 pm

I am seriously so jealous of your holiday decor.

And I still maintain you should keep the wall color. It’s perfect.

• Megan @ LittleBellaBeanDecember 18, 2008 - 5:59 pm

Wow. I mean w.o.w! Your house is just amazing. I have no other words. I am in awe of the beauty of it all! You must be very proud. You sure put a ton of hard work into it!!
    Blessings this Christmas,
    Megan

• Dawn Van BruntDecember 20, 2008 - 2:13 pm

WOW. just wow.

• (toby's)LisaDecember 20, 2008 - 3:49 pm

what Toby said…what the f*&?? Kidding, you are truly amazing and i so admire your talents, creativity, and especially ENERGY! We hope to see you over the holidays! xoxo to you, Jimmy, and the girls

• Nicole A. WetzelDecember 21, 2008 - 9:12 am

Are you kidding me!!!!!! I should have gotten married at your house or had you decorate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CarrieDecember 23, 2008 - 8:26 pm

Oh…my…GAWD! Your house is just amazing! Lovely, really!

Thanks so much for stopping by my home tour!!

Merry Christmas!

• Kris SantoroDecember 29, 2008 - 9:43 pm

Laura, your keen sense of style, color and textures really brought the inside of your house together. It is absolutely beautiful, inside and out and it makes me feel even worse that I missed “Porch Night”. Hopefully there will be another one and I will come this time, promise!

• laura bruenDecember 30, 2008 - 8:42 am

Thanks everyone :-), next year I’ll be getting some outdoor trees for the porch that look nicer during the day. Waiting for Frontgate to start posting their sales!

• CharlaJanuary 1, 2009 - 9:18 pm

I am awed by this. What a wonderful feeling of Christmas you have provided all of us. THANK YOU!

• RobynJanuary 7, 2009 - 10:22 pm

WOW- Just found you blog tonight, your house is AMAZING, I love it. Viewed your holiday tour, everything is just beautiful. As for your fmaily room, have you checked out Restoration Hardwares Silver Sage paint, I had to laugh because I had paint samples on all of my family room walls for months, Silver Sage is so beautiful. Depending on the light it appears Grey, or Blue, Or Sagey green.
    I think it is delicious, I love it!
    Good luck.

• Dana BattagliaJanuary 26, 2009 - 12:23 pm

I LOVE EVERY BIT OF YOUR HOUSE AND ALL YOU HAVE DONE!! I FEEL LIKE I JUST CLOSED A MAGAZINE AND RIPPED OUT EVERY PAGE TO PUT IN MY WISH LIST!!!!

• yasAugust 8, 2009 - 1:55 am

hi. first off…beautiful house, pictures everything!! gorgeous!!! second…what is the name of the ralph lauren metallic paint you finally decided on?!?! i know you went through a ton and finally chose an amazing color…but what was the name?!?!! all the build up…i was waiting for the name to come any second! lol. so, please let me know the color of both the dining room and the living room. thank you.

• SUSANNovember 24, 2009 - 4:01 pm

Laura,

I am so amazed at what you have done with your home!! and the artwork you have done. I have never had the chance to go on this site. I just happened to have seen Emma on Kates F/B. All I can say is that your work and everything you have created has just exploded into a wonderful world and I am happy that your where you are sweetheart!! Much love to you all and sorry I never had enough time to come down.
    Happy Thanksgiving