Finally! I’ve made some progress on decorating my home office. Still much left to do but I think I’ve come to a point where I can at least post a notice to myself on what needs to change in here.
I’ll post two before images and for those that want to see in better detail the mastery caulking work I performed, check out the original blog post. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to miss that fun 🙂 .
Now, with a bit of frosting:
Left to do:
- Get a new desk. Something romantic that doesn’t take up as much space.
- Get a new chair.
- Paint antique telephone stand next to old chairs (which will need to be completely redone – paint and reupholster – I already have some ideas).
- Figure out what I’m hanging where.
- The carpet is a very light wool shag meant as a temporary cover until we get new flooring. Need to make sure with 2 kids it will stay clean and fresh. So far, so good. Feels great on the feet!
- Get tension rods to close off that walkway when needed. Figure out what kind of curtain I want there.
- Finish wall with mirror on it (which is unfinished sheet rock).
The hunt for the desk started a few months ago. I’m still looking. Haven’t found anything remotely close to what I like at the price range I like, still undecided about what I really want…
French provincial? Farmtable with antique white finish? I’m starting to scour the Antique District in Red Bank – found a few keepers for my new bathroom, but that’s for another post.